INDIANAPOLIS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL | 2013 SUBMISSION RULES AND REGULATIONS
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2013 INDIANAPOLIS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL ARE NOW CLOSED.
The mission of the Indianapolis International Film Festival (the Indy Film Fest) is to create a shared experience around film by presenting movies that entertain, challenge and expand perspectives in Indianapolis and beyond. Since submission of a film constitutes acceptance of these Entry Rules & Regulations (by filmmakers and their agents), please review this document carefully. Film must be submitted via the Indy Film Fest WithoutaBox, accessible here.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, due to the number of submissions we receive, we cannot contact every individual regarding their acceptance status; we will only contact those who have been accepted into the Festival.
Submissions Open – October 1, 2012
Earlybird Deadline – December 31, 2012
Regular Deadline – February 28, 2013
Late Deadline – March 31, 2013
WAB Extended Deadline – March 31, 2013
Notice of Acceptance – approximately June 1, 2013
2013 Indy Film Fest – July 18 – 28, 2013
Until 12/31/12 – $25 ($15 WAB members)
1/2/2013 to 2/28/2013 – $30 ($20 WAB members)
3/1/2013 to 3/31/2013 – $40 ($30 WAB members)
*All entry fees are USD, per film and non-refundable.
SUBMISSION CATEGORIES AND AWARDS
The Indy Film Fest screens films in competition in four categories: American Spectrum, Hoosier Lens, World Cinema and Matter of Fact. Films 49 minutes or less are considered short films; 50 minutes or longer are considered feature films.
Submissions are accepted in only one of the following categories:
o Please note: Submit to EITHER American Spectrum or Hoosier Lens. Films with Indiana ties submitted to the American Spectrum category will not be eligible for Hoosier Lens recognition.
In the case of films with multi-national production origins, the primary foreign production country should take precedence.
Juried Festival Awards are as follows:
To be eligible for consideration:
1. Entrants must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations in order to be considered eligible for the 2013 Indy Film Fest.
2. Films completed prior to 12/31/2011 are not eligible for competition entry.
3. Films with prior distribution and/or that have been exhibited publicly for profit in the central Indiana region are not eligible for submission for competition with the Indianapolis International Film Festival.
4. Feature-length films with ongoing (or infinite-run) online distribution or availability (via iTunes, etc.) are not eligible for competition entry. Films with finite or limited availability (i.e. an online only film festival) or via independent distribution (i.e. filmmaker’s own website) remain competition eligible.
5. Non-English language films must be subtitled in English to be eligible for entry.
6. Films that require a screening fee for exhibition are eligible for submission, but not eligible for category or Grand Jury prize consideration.
7. Films must be available for screening at the Indianapolis International Film Festival 07/18/2013 through 07/28/2013; an exhibition copy and Region-free NTSC DVD back-up copy must be in possession of the Indy Film Fest this entire time.
SUBMISSION POLICIES AND PROCESSES
1. All films must be submitted via Indy Film Fest’s WithoutaBox account, accessible online here: https://www.withoutabox.com/login/4101
2. Screener copies should be mailed to the address below:
2013 Film Submissions
P.O. Box 1917
Indianapolis, IN 46206
3. Screeners of entries must be submitted in DVD format, NTSC Region 0 or 1.
4. Submissions must be clearly marked on the case AND disc with the following:
a. Complete English Title
b. Director Name
c. Contact Name (if different than director) and Email
d. WAB Entry Number
e. Total Run Time, rounded up to the nearest minute.
5. Entries without payment will not be considered.
6. Screening copies will not be returned.
7. Submission of entry is considered legal permission to screen your film upon acceptance during the festival.
8. Re-entry of prior year’s submissions is not recommended.
9. Work in progress submissions are accepted, though such should be CLEARLY marked on submission disc and case. Completed cuts must be received by May 1, 2013 in order to be considered for acceptance.
POLICIES UPON ACCEPTANCE
1. Accepted films will be notified via email at the address included in the WithoutaBox submission form.
a. Please add the @IndyFilmFest.org domain to an accepted senders list to ensure receipt of festival emails, our primary mode of communication.
2. Filmmakers (or primary contact) will be required to submit a consent form ensuring an absence of any legal or rights issues, and indemnifying the Indy Film Fest of any liabilities that may arise out of screening with the festival.
3. Consent form contractually confirms the film for screening at the Indy Film Fest.
4. Upon acceptance, filmmakers (or primary film contact) will provide the following by the dates specified by festival organizers:
a. An exhibition copy in one of the following formats (*Should any issues arise regarding the availability of the intended exhibition copy, films will be screened as scheduled from a format left to the discretion of festival organizers, most likely the DVD submission copy.):
b. (Feature Films only) Three (3) additional screening copies of the completed film, for jurying purposes.
c. One DVD copy of the final, completed film for archiving in the Indy Film Fest program library.
d. Press Materials as itemized in the Filmmaker Info & Consent Form.
5. Filmmakers are responsible for shipping costs associated with delivering all materials to the Indy Film Fest. The Indy Film Fest may assume the cost of return shipping HDCam and 35mm prints following the run of the festival, should arrangements be made to do so.
6. The Indy Film Fest reserves the right to rescind acceptance of any film should eligibility status change.
Thank you for your interest in submitting your film with the Indy Film Fest – we look forward to considering it! Should you have any questions regarding this process or your film’s eligibility, please email email@example.com.