We just released some details about our programming for the upcoming year, and all I can say is, watch out 2013. Here's a sample of what's in the works.
• Feb 24th – Movie’s Biggest Night @ 45 Degrees
• May 10th - The Bigger Picture Show @ Big Car Service Center
• June 13th – Indy Film Fest Preview Party
• July 18th – 28th – Indy Film Fest - Multiple Locations
Roving Cinema sponsored by Butler Scion - Tickets on sale now! Get 'em while you can!
We bring movies to you, in places you love to hang! We're so pleased to welcome Butler Scion as the 2013 sponsor for Roving Cinema.
• Jan 24th - THIS IS SPINAL TAP @ Do317 Lounge
• Feb 28th - THE NEVERENDING STORY @ Indy Reads Books
• May 16th - FIGHT CLUB @ Indianapolis City Market Catacombs
• June 5th - MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL @ Sun King Brewery
• Aug 29th - WAITING FOR GUFFMAN @ IRT Upper Stage
• Dec 11th - SANTA’S BATTLE ROYALE (Audience Selection) @ Sun King Brewery (Tickets available after movie vote in Oct/Nov)
Ooh, fancy! We're trying something new for us. Film and food pairings are TBA, but we're so excited to partner with Indy Fringe to bring you dinner and a movie! (Corporate sponsorships available. Email for details!
• March 13th - Spring Series – Dinner & Movie @ Indy Fringe Theatre
• March 27th - Spring Series – Dinner & Movie @ Indy Fringe Theatre
• April 10th - Spring Series – Dinner & Movie @ Indy Fringe Theatre
• April 24th - Spring Series – Dinner & Movie @ Indy Fringe Theatre
Fall Film Series sponsored by SmallBox
We're bringing music-themed films back this fall, and we're super pleased that SmallBox is sponsoring this for the second year in a row! Films and location TBA, dates are tentative.
• Sept 26th – Fall Series
• Oct 10th – Fall Series
• Oct 24th – Fall Series
• Nov 7th - Fall Series
We live for this stuff. More to come.
p.s. If you like what you see and want to support this programming, you can make a donation to our Grand Holiday!
Whether you put any stock in it or not, the countdown to the end of the Mayan calendar is quickly approaching, and I for one want to make sure all my bases are covered for the “End of Days.”
So, as the end draws near I find myself saying, “What should I do with myself?” Should I take that Airstream vacation with the family to the Grand Canyon I’ve always dreamed about? Or, should I invest in MREs and shotgun shells? Better yet what movie — or movies — should I watch before we all float into space?
I just don’t know.
(These are the types of things that keep me awake at night. Well, that and the occasional episode of HERE COMES HONEY BOO BOO.)
After much thought, and a few beers, I’ve come to the conclusion that I want to start the beginning of the end with my friends, drinking a couple of pints of Sun King, munching on some tacos and watching that post-apocalyptic cult classic SHAUN OF THE DEAD.
With that thought in mind, the Indy Film Fest is presenting our (and potentially last if the Mayans knew what they were talking about) Roving Cinema at Sun King Brewery on Wednesday, December 12 at 7pm — 10 days before the end of the Mayan calendar. Tickets are just $8. Bring your “end of the world buddy,” a camping chair or blanket and a healthy appetite for all things post-apocalyptic.
If the movie isn’t enough to get you out of your doomsday bunker, how about a special beer, brewed by Sun King? Yep. They’ve got you covered with a special Armageddon brew that will be tapped that night. Rumor has it, this beer has been inspired by the Mayans themselves and will set you on the path to meet your maker. Our buddies at Sun King are also going to be tapping 9 other classic beers that night — 10 beers for your 10 final days, get it? And no one will go home thirsty. Sun King will be filling up growlers after the film.
Man can’t survive on beer alone you might say. Well Taco Lassie, www.tacolassi.com, is going to be on hand dishing up some of the finest food this side of the Rio Grande and our good friends at Just Pop In!, www.justpopinonline.com, are going to be making sure your popcorn fix is curbed. I hear they have a new bacon flavored snack that will blow your hair back.
As if all of this isn’t enough, we’re going to be announcing the 2013 Indy Film Fest event calendar that night!
So here is your doomsday checklist:
- Buy your advanced tickets are just 8 bucks. (http://thefinalcountdownatsunking.eventbrite.com)
- Be at Sun King at 6:30pm on the 12th when the doors open.
- Bring something to sit on.
- Bring extra cash for the beers and food.
- Enjoy what maybe the last film you'll ever see!
Portions of the beer and door proceeds will go towards the Salvation Army Indiana Division to help buy children toys for the holidays!
Let’s have a great send off to the world as we know it. Oh, and it’s probably not a bad idea to go ahead stock up on MREs and shotgun shells, just to be safe.
See you all at Sun King!
President, Indy Film Fest