For almost a year now I’ve been talking up our year-end Roving Cinema screening, or “Santa Smackdown” as we lovingly refer to it. For months, we’ve been working with our buddies at Sun King to create the ultimate wish list for our audience-choice holiday she-bang.
You might say to yourself, “Self, I hope they picked my favorite holiday classic: DIE HARD (or DIE HARD 2 for that matter).” Don’t worry your pretty little self. We’ve got “bigger” plans for beloved cult classics like DH and DH2.
For this year’s ballot, we dug deep and plumbed the depths of the holiday film genre to find the perfect mix of films with just enough cheer to kick off the holiday season, and set us all up for a Happy New Year. Films that explore the true meaning of the holiday spirit. Films that are best experienced with 124 of your soon-to-be best friends and a pint of Sun King’s finest in your hand? This year, we’re talking NAUGHTY VS NICE. You’re welcome.
Introducing the 2013 Roving Cinema SANTA SMACKDOWN: Naughty vs. Nice:
- BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA
- MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME
But that’s not all:
- A portion of the night’s ticket sales will go to the HELP SUN KING SAVE CHRISTMAS campaign.
- A VERY special (and film-inspired) Sun King brew will be unveiled at the Santa Smackdown.
- Santa himself will be on hand to listen to all of your Holiday rants and demands.
- Food will be available for purchase from a tasty food truck.
- The Indy Film Fest will announce its 2014 programming calendar, including next year’s Roving Cinemas (trust me, you’re going to want to snatch up a few of these tickets in advance as the line-up is INSANE).
Visit https://www.facebook.com/sunkingbrewing between October 8th and the 22nd and select the film you’d most like to see on December 11th. We’ll announce the winning film on Wednesday, October 24th.
Once you’ve voted, jump over to www.santasmackdown2013.eventbrite.com to purchase your tickets to the (THIS IS GOING TO SELL OUT) screening.
And because we like you, if you buy your tickets during the voting dates you will save $2 off admission.
Hug and Kisses,
Indy Film Fest